This is what I start with. One ribbon for the actual bow, one really skinny one to tie it with, and another one to cover the skinny one at the end. *Cut two of the main ribbon the same size if you are making two. Made the mistake of not doing that too many times and having to guess for the second bow.*

You need to loop the ribbon so that you end up with two loops and a tail on each side.
Once you have the loops, you fold them back and forth through the middle. It usually takes me three little folds.
I put a clothes pin to hold the folds in the middle of the ribbon so I can tie it really tight with the skinny ribbon.
Tie the skinny ribbon really tight so that it will stay good when you remove the clothes pin.
I double knot it in on the backside of the bow.
Take the clothes pin off and you should be able to see the basic shape of the bow.
The ribbon that you had at the beginning for covering up the skinny ribbon (sorry if I am confusing you!)... I usually tie that in a little knot and wrap it around the skinny ribbon in the middle.
I tie that one really tight too. Sometimes I don't tie it, I glue it with hot glue. Either way works.
That's what the back of the bow will look like before trimming everything.
I trim all of those pretty short so that they don't show through the front.
Last, I trim the little tails on the front of the actual bow.
And here it is!!
I really hope that was helpful and not just confusing. Please tell me if I confused you at any part and I will try to clarify.





















8 comments:
Thanks for posting this Amy. I will have to go back and really read it thoroughly.
For now, all it did was make me want my acrylic nails back on! Yours look so nice! :)
So cute. Nice tute! And I too miss my nails. They are so pretty!
yes, pretty nails, and thank you for posting this! I have made a few bows but I don't do well with the pinching thing so I use hairspray at the end to poof them up, cheating I know! Yours come out so good! I'll have to try now. Thank you again!
Thanks for the tutorial!!! I will have to try it now :)
AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! Thanks for doing this! I love the pictures! Very detailed and easy to follow!
I cant' wait to make some! I also just found an Etsy shop that sells all the big girlie flowers for hair clips! I'll have to show you, you'd love them!
Thanks! I've been wanting to learn how to make those for a while now!
Wow, you are getting GOOD!!! :) Very cute!
I have never posted before but I read this off and on and I make bows. You may want to seal the ends so they dont fray! You can use a aim and flame and just lighty run the ends through or you can purchase fray check. If you don't do that they may start to unravel with time and use. Also if you want your korkers to stay super springy use starch!
Post a Comment