I will start by just saying that Jimmy, Taylor, Gage and I are fine. I don't want to freak anyone out and make them wait until the end of the story to know that we are all fine. Yesterday at 9:55 in the morning I got a wierd call on my cell phone and I didn't answer. I was on a field trip at the RCC Theater with my class to watch a play. The next thing was that another teacher was getting a text to tell me that I needed to call home and it was urgent. Of course, I freak out, thinking something is wrong Taylor or Jimmy. Call both of them and everthing is fine. Then, I remember the wired number...call it back, it's my alarm company. They said that they were receiving signals from two of the sensors in my house. I still didn't think anything of it because we have had false alarms before and it's always no big deal. I immediately call Jimmy back and he says he had a bunch of missed calls and he's already on his way home. We both just had a bad gut feeling at this point. Then the police called Jimmy from our home phone and he knew something was bad. Apparently the police had called my work twice looking for me and that is why our secretary was texting me.
Jimmy called me back about five minutes later and said someone had gotten in. Of course I am in the lobby of this play crying and freaking out. This loser (I would like to call him much worse things) took the screen off of one of our back windows and tried to get the window open, but it was locked. So, he moved on to the slider. He broke the handle right off, then pried the door open. We have no delay on the slider, so the alarm went off instantly. He didn't care. He still ran upstairs, took the jewelry box off of my dresser and then looked out my blinds( we know because they were tweaked), then ran out the front door. I'm just beside myself that this happened. We didn't even realize the jewelry box was gone until way later. We didn't notice anything downstairs, so we just assumed he ran right back out, but we were wrong. The jewelry box had a lot of sentimental stuff that we can't replace, but it also had Jimmy 's wedding ring and his watches.
Needless to say, I am very uneasy. I cried way too much yesterday and I got NO SLEEP last night. It's a horrible feeling to know that someone was in our house. Poor Gage was here the whole time and who knows what he saw. My stepdad came to pick Gage up for the rest of the day so that he wouldn't have to be here alone. I'm just so thankful they didn't hurt him or take him!
Jimmy and I tried to walk our whole block last night to let everyone know. The scariest thing is that I went to my neighbor that I haven't ever met before to let her know and her heart sank down to the ground and she almost cried because she said she saw him walking around the house in the morning. She doesn't know us and just thought he was supposed to be here. He looked at her when he noticed she saw him and he just kept going about what he was doing but walked around where she couldn't see him anymore. He was all in the planter in the front looking over our fence. She said he had landscaping clothes on and a big shade hat on so she thought that was what he was doing. She was terrified when I told her what happened.
At least all of us are okay. We can't be replaced. It could have been so much worse had I forgotten to set my alarm yesterday or if I were at home. We could have come home to an empty house. But I am still so mad and would love to kill this piece of crap person! I hate that I am scared of everything right now and I am on edge and I can't sleep. I know it will get better, but it takes time to get over these things. That's my bad news. Don't forget to set your alarms!
6 years ago





8 comments:
Oh, Amy I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how terrible you must be feeling. Jeff is always so adamant that I set the alarm because of what he has seen. I am thankful that he wasn't able to get much and am so sorry that he took so many sentimental things out of the jewelry box. I'm glad everyone is safe and that your alarm was enough to get him to leave quickly.
I'm so sorry that happened Amy! Thank goodness you have an alarm and you guys weren't home. I can imagine you must feel so invaded :( I hope you can sleep easy soon.
I still can't believe that happened to you guys! I am so sorry that it did. But like you said, thank goodness you weren't home, and that none of you were hurt. I bet that neighbor did feel awful, but how weird that you guys have never even met her. That's why I wish neighbors were more friendly with each other sometimes.
I hope sleep comes easier very soon for all of you.
Hi Amy,
I was at Genny and Jake's last night and they told me about your terrible experience. I am so sorry. Of course losing the jewelry to a thief is terrible. But the feeling of violation is the worst. I hope this guy gets caught and the police find the jewelry. It does happen. And in the mean time I will be saying a little prayer that you all have your feeling of safety restored very soon so that you can forget about this unfortunate experience and get on with making happy memories in your home.
PS I sure hope you read my comment a ways back, thanking you for the darling pumpkin blocks!!
wow amy, i'm so sorry! i can't imaine how uneasy you must feel. i wopuld hate knowing that someone was in my house. but its a good thing you weren't home, what could have happened? but then its scary cuz he probably knew you weren't home! uggh! i'm so sorry. try to sleep well and be glad you have an alarm!
Scary...I'm so glad you guys are all okay. Thank God he didn't get Gage. I hope you got some rest this weekend. Thank God you had an alarm or it could've been much worse.
Our house got broken into 3 years ago, this month. It's the worse feeling ever. It took us months to get a good nights sleep. Tim actually walked in on the burglar. I'm glad no one got hurt. I'm so sorry he got away with some of your belongings. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry Amy that that happened to you. I am glad you are all okay.
Post a Comment