Friday, July 30, 2010

Oahu

Finally I was able to go through all of my pictures. My photoshop decided to stop working :( Luckily Tawny came and got it all set up again. Thank you so much!

So, here is our trip in a nutshell. I posted all of the pictures on Facebook, but had to really slim it down for this and it's still gonna be long.

We drove a minivan all week. Taylor and Gavin had matching toy laptops that kept them pretty busy in the car while we were sightseeing all over the island.

The view from our condo. Our condo was a three rooms and two bathrooms. Perfect for two families and a grandpa. It was on the tenth floor so we had a great view. It was walking distance to the beach and caddy corner from the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

They feed the fish there at 8:00am each day. Jimmy and Nate took the kids down on the first day in jammies.

Taylor and Gavin got in some good grandpa time. They watched movies and played.

She calls him Grandpa ill. Not Gil.
My dad had a cheeseburger. The first one in two years! They must not be big on them in Korea :)
We got to visit with our cousin Ashley and her husband Jacob. He is in the service and they are stationed there right now. It was fun to catch up with them. That is my mom's sister's daughter.
Of course she had a tropical smoothie...
And wore flowers on her ear...
and swam in the ocean...
played in the sand almost everyday...
imitated what fish do...
and got sandy feet multiple times.
It was beautiful there!
Our family
Don't know how they got that smile out of Taylor. I think she was squeezing my neck really hard and she thinks that funny...hence the smile.
That was my sixth trip to Oahu and I have never seen the Kahala Resort, but that is the prettiest place on the island in my opinion.
Taylor and I in a hammock.
Dinner at Duke's our last night there with the cousins.
We swam a lot at the condo too!
No wonder she slept 2 hours and 45 minutes on the way home! She was so comfy.
It was such a good trip, but of course so sad to say bye to my dad. That was really rough. Taylor really liked Hawaii and everyday I asked her if she wanted to go home or stay in Hawaii and she would say, "stay Hawaii."  She was such a good traveler!

8 comments:

Genn said...

Amy your pictures are just gorgeous!! My favorite one is of Taylor in the yellow dress on the right of the picture when she is standing on the beach with the beautiful water and those pretty clouds!! Breathtaking.

I'm glad you guys had such a good time. I'll bet it was so hard to say goodbye to your Dad. Hope you get to see him again soon.

Jamie said...

That must be so hard that your dad lives so far away! :(
I saw your pics on Facebook, but it was so much better to hear about them! I love the fish face! She always looks adorable and oh man does it look gorgeous there! I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Kris said...

Great pictures!!!! Love Hawaii. Oahu is the only island we have not been to yet.

Cozart Family said...

Amy, looks like a great time. Kent and I stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village just in November for our Anniversary. That was an amazing spot. So sweet to see your dad!
Taylor is so cute on the beach, I love her sandy feet!!
Take care, Traci

Kelly said...

amazing pictures! the 2nd one of the view from your room looks like a postcard! i love taylors juicy bathing suit! so cute! glad you guys had such a fun time!

Shalyn said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful time! It must be very difficult to not see your Dad often :) It's awesome that Taylor and Gavin are so close in age and have a friend to play with on these family trips! I Love all the pics :)

Noreen said...

You got some really amazing pictures! Just beautiful! I'm so glad you had such a great traveling experience with a two year old! I might have to get tips later!

Jessica said...

Ahhh, looks like you had a wonderful trip. I can tell you were shooting in manual a lot... the pics are great! Good job :) I thought one of your pics was a postcard!!