Wednesday, August 19, 2009

16 1/2 Months

Today is a sad day because I go back to work tomorrow. I am so lucky that Taylor spends her days with my mom who also has Gavin. She will have fun playing and spending time with her Grandma and Papa. It's me who is so sad. I made a list of all the things Taylor has done in the last ten weeks. My list is pretty long and I'm sure I left some things out. She is so much fun right now, but can be challenging too! Here they go...

  • Has not had a bottle since the day I went off of work, June 12.
  • She is saying a lot of small words and it seems like she is learning new words a lot more often. In the past week she said shoes, tree, bug, and bubble.
  • All summer long she can make the sounds of a dog, cow and duck, makes the movement and noise for a monkey and makes a clacking sound for a pig. She can't snort yet.
  • She LOVES books. She can always be found looking through a book and pretending to read it. We always know when she's reading because she makes the same noise everytime...bah,bah,bahbahbah, bah... Very cute to watch.
  • Will not read a book upside down...it has to be the right way and she knows which way the pages turn.
  • Absolutely loves ELMO! She can't get enough. He is called "Mo."
  • Will NOT drink milk. Has been taking bigger sips if I mix a little strawberry in it :) It's progress.
  • Puts her finger to her mouth (sometimes in her nose) and says, "shhhhhhhh."
  • Blows lots of kisses and says "muwah" every time.
  • Starting to throw tantrums a lot more often. Goes from so happy to a wreck in 1 second.
  • Has gotten four molars and a bottom front tooth just since I've been off of work. That has been loads of fun!
  • I can now put pig tails in her hair. I am so excited about it. I don't like when I look back at her in the car seat and one bow is out and the rubber band is half way out. Those aren't so easy to fix.
  • Always brings the remote to either turn on Elmo or rewind a song she wants to hear...thank you Jimmy for showing her that.
  • Has hated the bath for about two weeks now. She always loved the bath and now she doesn't. Hope it passes.
  • Still loves Gage so much, but is very rough on him.
  • Loves to go outside everyday and play and take rides in her little pink buggy.
  • Has been saying 'no' with the head nod for a while now, but is now doing 'yes' too.
  • Has not had a bad sleeping night all summer... I will knock on wood now that I am going back to work.
  • Went from waking up 5:45 to 7:30.
  • Loves fruits and veggies, but her favorite is strawberries.

I know there's probably more, but this is it for now. Today we are going to go out and run some errands. My curling iron died just in time.

4 comments:

Kris said...

OH, sorry you have to go back Amy. I know how hard it is for Erika to miss so many fun things with Noah. But, like you, being with Grandma must be some comfort. She is just a cutie pie!!

Genn said...

Wow, that is a fun list of new things about Taylor. She is so stinking cute.

Good luck as you start back up to work again!! I hope it goes smoothly. Great chatting with you tonight. :)

Tawny said...

What a big girl she is becoming!!! I feel your pain about work though :(

Ali said...

it was so hard going back for me as well. it is incredible being there daily and watching and participating in all the little things they do each day. seems like they wake up everyday doing something new and adorable. i feel like i am missing so many milestones now that i am back.