Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Weekend At the River

We spent the weekend at the river with the Leyva's and their family. It was a such a nice, kid friendly trip. I was nervous because I am always nervous to do trips and then to be so far from home, but it went very smoothly. Linkyn is four weeks older than Taylor, so we fit right in with them. We got to stay at Danielle's grandparents house whcih was right on the water and beautiful. It was perfect for hanging out while Taylor was able to nap inside. We went on a nice long boat ride on Friday and Taylor did pretty good. She was a little fussy on the first part, but Jimmy dug out her binky and she went right to sleep and then slept the whole way back. Fourth of July we went to a pool party at their friends house and swam for a lot of the day. No fireworks for Taylor...she was pooped! Danielle and I drove to Sonic after the babies went to bed to get dessert and see what Sonic was about, it was pretty good. Sunday we came home and Taylor did not really enjoy the car ride. She watched Elmo and played and screamed. Luckily she took a three hour nap when we got home. Overall, great, stress free weekend! Thanks Neal and Danielle!





Funny Dads!



That was her hair from a ton of sunscreen and a boat ride.

6 comments:

Genn said...

Cute pics Amy. I love the one of Taylor's sunscreen, wind blown hair!

Jessica said...

Glad things went well for you guys and you had fun :) Long trips make me nervous too, you never to know what to expect with a little one!

Danielle said...

You are so good with posting so quickly. Thanks for sharing these pics! Very cute! Now with your photoshop can you go in and fix my tummy on that last photo - LOL! It needs a touch up! I will post my pics later this week!

Tawny said...

Such great pictures, the lighting is beautiful!!! The girls looks so cute together, how fun for them!!!

Tawni716 said...

I love all the pictures! Taylor is so cute! Glad you had a fun time. I love the picture of the daddy's with the girls sunglasses on ... they are looking at their daddy's like "what the heck?" =)

Ali said...

I bet you guys had so much fun. I LOVE the river!